Fusing contemporary Indigenous dance and live music, Miigis explores the catalysts, trade routes and stories of a journey from the Atlantic Coast to the Great Lakes, and the seven fire prophecies marked by miigis.
Miigis reveals the new terrain of dance and live music that immerses audiences in the power of nature and Indigenous prophecy.
- Premiere September 15, 16, 2017 at 6:30 pm
- September 17, 2017 at 3:00 pm – Miigis music concert
- 6 dancers, 6 musicians, 12 traditional dancers, 3 crew
- Second day open (same day by arrangement)
- 60 minutes running time
- Site specific in outdoor settings
- Suitable from 250 – 1200 seat venue
- Audiences of all ages
A co-commission by City of Toronto, Bentway Conservancy, and Fort York National Historic Site with the support of Canadian Heritage.
Company Tech Rider - Miigis (PDF, 341KB)
September 15 and 16, 2017 at 6:30 pm
September 17, 2017 – Miigis music concert at 3 pm
Fort York Historic Site, Toronto | FREE
Fort York National Historic Site, 250 Fort York Boulevard, Toronto