Miigis reveals the power of nature and Indigenous prophecy. Inspired by Anishinaabe culture, Miigis is a symbol of ‘the perfect breath of life’, and a catalyst in a journey from the Atlantic Coast to the Great Lakes.
- Premiered September 15, 2017 at 6:30 pm
- 6 dancers, 6 musicians, 12 traditional dancers (optional), 3 crew
- Second day open (same day by arrangement)
- 60 minutes running time
- Site specific in outdoor settings
- Suitable from 250 – 1200 seat venue
- Audiences of all ages
A co-commission by City of Toronto, Bentway Conservancy, and Fort York National Historic Site with the support of Canadian Heritage.