Employment Opportunity – PRODUCTION COORDINATOR TRAINEE
Red Sky Performance is seeking a full-time PRODUCTION COORDINATOR TRAINEEfor a 12-month term, with the possibility of extension.
Reporting to the Executive and Artistic Director, the Production Coordinator is a newly created position responsible for the direct support for Red Sky’s productions and overall administration. This position will enable the Production Coordinator to develop new skills and extend his or her knowledge of production coordination in arts and culture within one of Canada’s leading Indigenous organizations.
The Production Coordinator requires a deep commitment to and engagement with Red Sky’s artistic goals and company ethos, as well as a strong sense of responsibility and an excellent work ethic. Under the expert mentorship of the Executive and Artistic Director and supervision of the General Manager, the Production Coordinator will assist Red Sky in moving forward to achieve its vision: To create inspiring experiences of contemporary Indigenous arts and culture.
The Production Coordinator is a dynamic, action-oriented positionacting as a primary liaison for artists, presenters, schools and communities regarding the company’s touring activity; undertaking all aspects of tour coordination including scheduling, budgeting, logistics, travel, accommodation, and artist liaison; assisting with community projects such as REDTalks, corporate events, and other projects. The Production Coordinator will create multi-platform social media content involving audio and video live recording and editing, music and photography databases, and Red Sky’s video library.
As an integral part of the Red Sky team, the Production Coordinator will work with us to develop processes and outcomes that have integrity, depth of meaning and experience, and a tangible cultural sensibility that is uniquely Red Sky.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Coordinate planning and logistics for Red Sky productions, projects, corporate events, cultivation events and workshops
- Liaise with the Executive & Artistic Director and the General Manager on all production personnel regarding schedules, budgets, travel, accommodation and all production requirements including sets, props and costume, music and video
- Liaise with venues, presenters, agents and partner organizations involved in touring of Red Sky productions and events
- Monitor budgets and track revenues and expenses in relation to all production activities
- Manage and coordinate schedules for productions, projects, events and workshops, including regular updating of the organization’s Calendar
- Coordinate meetings for internal and external stakeholders regarding the planning and implementation of productions, projects and events
- Coordinate and book travel and accommodation for national and international travel and touring activities
- Contribute to the collection of data and evaluation materials for productions, projects and events, as required
- Prepare applications for travel visas, labour market opinions, work permits
- Participate in front-line administration for Red Sky including handling incoming calls and visitors and contribute to collection of mail, shipping and couriers, and general office administration
- Maintain a well-organized electronic and hard copy filing system and assist in maintaining the organization’s contacts database
- Coordinate the Executive & Artistic Director’s travel, itineraries, conference registrations and external meetings
- Contribute to the preparation, writing and budgeting required for funding submissions and presentations to sponsors and donors, and written reports and budgets for travel grants
- Gather information from multiple sources and analyze, evaluate and interpret data for use in planning, evaluation and reporting
- Proactively engage with stakeholders and potential partners with an interest in working with Red Sky and effectively communicate these opportunities to the Executive & Artistic Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, analytical and motivational skills
- Highly professional interpersonal skills in person, by phone and online
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated attention to detail
- Knowledge of the Indigenous arts community and cultures an asset
- Ability to interact with multiple and diverse individuals and groups
- Ability to work independently, and within a team, in a fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking and ability to think creatively on-the-spot
- Must show initiative and drive in completing projects and achieving results
- Demonstrated research abilities and expertise in maintaining paper and database files
- Solid computer skills, specifically with Word, Excel
- Commitment to work scheduled business hours as well as after hours, as required
- Related University or College Degree or near completion of degree.
NOTE: Candidates must be eligible for and currently registered with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training. As this position is grant-dependent, the trainee position is only open to those who self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit.
We invite qualified candidates to submit a detailed resume and cover letter, outlining qualifications and describing why you are suited to the position.
E-mail applications to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: Friday, September 13, 2019 at 5:00pm
Position Start Date: Monday September 23, 2019
Position End Date: September 18, 2020 (with possibility of extension pending funding)
Salary: commensurate with experience
Location: Toronto, Ontario
To learn more about Red Sky Performance, visit our website: redskyperformance.com
This Employment Opportunity is made possible by the following: