NOW HIRING: DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER
Application Deadline: Mar 15, 2021
Start Date: Apr 01, 2021
Hourly From: $20/hr To $25/hr
Red Sky Performance is a leading company of contemporary Indigenous performance in Canada and worldwide. Our multi-award winning company was founded in 2000 by Artistic Director Sandra Laronde.
Our mandate is to create inspiring experiences of contemporary Indigenous arts and culture. We have proud and solid roots in Toronto’s vibrant community where we develop new creations. Now in our 21th year of performance (dance, theatre, music and media), our work highlights the originality and power of contemporary Indigenous performance, enabling new creations to expand the breadth and scope of Indigenous-made work in Toronto, Ontario and Canada.
Since 2000, we have created, produced, and disseminated 17 original works of artistic merit and relevance, 26 REDTalks & Red Sky at Night events, 5 Indigenous Music Creators Projects, 12 self-presenting activities, and over 400 community outreach activities. We have delivered 2,755 performances in 17 countries on four continents.
Under the mentorship of Artistic Director Red Sky Performance, the Digital Content Producer will benefit from a coordinated strategic approach to digital content creation and dissemination and will bring proven and innovative approaches to digital content creation with a strong knowledge of social media platforms and engagement strategies for Red Sky.
The Digital Content Producer requires a deep commitment to and engagement with Red Sky’s artistic goals and company ethos, as well as a strong sense of responsibility and an excellent work ethic. The Digital Content Producer will assist Red Sky in moving forward to achieve its vision: To create inspiring experiences of contemporary Indigenous arts and culture by creating and managing the production and multimedia outputs across digital platforms, social media campaigns, apps and the company website.
Red Sky’s Digital Content Producer will learn and apply fundamental principles for engagement and generate innovative, relevant content and ideas that will attract audiences through distinctive multimedia content, integrated with social media and campaigns.
The Digital Content Producer will gain a deeper and clearer understanding of the performance environment, with a particular understanding of the contemporary Indigenous arts perspective.
NOTE: Candidates must be eligible for and currently registered with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training. As this position is grant-dependent, the trainee position is only open to those who self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Produces multi-media content in alignment with Red Sky’s vision, values and goals and Develops content and ideas to deliver strong engagement results.
- Creates and manages the production and multi-media outputs across digital platforms, social media campaigns, apps, and the company’s website and Promotes the company, programs and events across our websites, social media and apps.
- Provides best-practice multi-media content to drive growth and engagement on our social media channels, drive traffic to our website, and drive app downloads and Brainstorms and pro-actively generates innovative, relevant content and ideas that will attract audiences through distinctive multimedia content, integrated with social media and campaigns.
- Oversees shoots, video edits and photography to a high quality on a tight turn-around and Captures high-standard video and audio for the production of video packages.
- Executes video production rollout for maximum impact and result and Stays abreast of industry creative trends and keep multi-media production elements ‘on-trend’.
Qualified Candidate Attributes
- University or college degree in Digital/Photography/Video or in a related field.
- Previous work experience producing multi-media content production including planning, producing and executing social media contentacross multiple digital platforms is essential.
- Extensive experience in developing content and ideas that deliver strong engagement results.
- Excellent understanding of and experience with post-production to capture high-standard video and audio for the production of video packages.
- Copywriting, blog/creative-writing skills are assets to build profile and tell our stories.
- Proficient with Mac OS, videographer, editing, audio editing software.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Candidates must be eligible for and currently registered with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training. As this position is grant-dependent, the trainee position is only open to those who self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit.
To learn more about Red Sky Performance, visit our website: redskyperformance.com
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter, outlining qualifications and describing why you are suited to the position.
Red Sky gratefully acknowledges the support of Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training.