About Red Sky
Internationally renowned, Red Sky is Canada’s leading company of contemporary Indigenous performance in dance, theatre, music, and media. Our multi-award winning company was founded in 2000 by Artistic Director Sandra Laronde.
We have significantly influenced the artistic evolution and innovation of contemporary Indigenous performance in Canada and around the world.
We have garnered an international reputation for collaborating on landmark projects with some of the most prestigious artists and companies from around the globe.
Touring since 2003, we have delivered 1,523 performances across Canada and 159 international performances in 12 countries on four continents.
- 2016 Dora Mavor Moore Award for Outstanding Production of Mistatim
- 2014 Premier's Award for Excellence nomination
- 2014 Vital Ideas: Toronto Community Foundation
- 2012 Dora Mavor Moore Award Nomination for The Great Mountain
- 2011 Smithsonian Institute's Expressive Arts Award
- 2010 Dora Mavor Moore Award for Tono
- 2010 Canadian Aboriginal Music Awards (2 awards) for Tono
- 2008 Hohhot International Arts Award (China), Tono
- 2007 Paula Award for Red Sky's family programming
- 2006 Dora Mavor Moore Nomination for Shimmer
- 2004 Dora Mavor Moore Nomination for Dancing Americas